Tuesday, March 18, 2008

san diego and new books

so i am such a dork because i forgot my camera when we went to san diego this weekend. but it was ok because we really just spent a lot of time with family, brian and janice- todd's aunt and uncle, and j and jamie- todd's cousins and their kids. janice and brian have recently remodeled their house in spring valley and it is beautiful and fun. so we spent a lot of time hanging out there. we went to seaport village, which is my favorite place in downtown san diego. and watched a lot of movies on the new theater in brian and janice's lower level, which i called a basement and i was chastized for it because there aren't any basements in california. so it was a lot of fun.


with all of the waiting in airports and such, i had to have something to do. on monday before we left, i went to barnes and noble and bought a book. it is called Twilight and it is a series. so on that monday i started reading. that was a bad idea. i guess it has just been too long since i read something that entertaining because i finished the book that same day at 12:30 am. so naturally i went back to barnes and noble and bought the next two books in the series, New Moon and Eclipse. i am literally addicted to these books. it is worse than when harry potter comes out. i just read and reread and then i found a website that the author has posted the "deleted scenes" from each of those books. i would more than recommend these books to anyone and everyone. the author is Stephanie Meyer, and there is a movie in the works for Twilight. i can't wait.

8 comments:

Aubrey said...

I want to borrow your books. I have only heard good things from that series. I call first dibs on the borrow.

Glad you have fun in San Diego.

Shanna said...

Kamri--

I loved these books and have read them 3 times each. The 4th one comes out on Aug 2 and I will be buying it that day! I love the website and I can't wait for the movie.

Krissey said...

I did the same thing. Heard they were good so I bought Twilight and went back and bought New Moon and Eclipse the next day as well. Now I have someone to talk to about these books that I absolutely loved. I also love that you have been putting a few more posts up... still working on my blog...I'll let ya know when its ready.

Briena Harris said...

Hey, I was going to dibs them. Oh well if they really are that fast of a read I guess I can wait until Aubrey is done. If you are willing to part with them for a few weeks that is. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

The Ericksons said...

I am so glad you are becoming a etter blogger!! Haha! I am glad you had a nice relaxing time.

Karen S. said...

I am actually suprised that you havent read them yet. What happened to the Kamri I knew? Even I have read the first one 3 times & the second one too. I'm on a waiting list for the third one at the library, I can't hardly wait. I even convinced Clint to read them.

Petersens said...

It sounds like you got the Twilight bug. Its a great one to catch! The 4th book comes out on August 2 and they movie in December. It will be amazing! But are you an Edward lover or a Jacob lover?

Tannie Datwyler said...

That cracks me up. It sounds just like me. I read Twilight in one day. I LOVED it. I also liked New Moon a lot - but I didn't like Eclipse that much.