Monday, August 25, 2008

The first day of a very involved semester


Most of you know by now how hectic my life is. But I had to commemorate it somehow. Today was the first day of school at Weber State. I am teaching 12 credits this semester. I am teaching English 0955 at the Davis Campus from eight am to twelve pm.

Any of you who really know me, know that I am not a morning person. So to say that I have to be conscious enough to teach at eight am is kind of shocking. And after wandering around Davis and Weber counties today getting deans and chairs and professors to sign things and attending a class that gets out at eight thrity pm, I am a bit worn out.

I am, however, excited for what this semester will bring. And it has been a while since I have been excited to start a semester. And amidst all of the chaos, there is a light at the end of the very long, years and years long, tunnel. And that is finally understanding that I love what I do, regardless of the craziness and the running around.

I love standing in front of students who are just as excited and nervous as I am to learn and to teach. I love sitting in class taught by a friend and mentor.

3 comments:

Krissey said...

Sounds like a long day. I can see it now, you standing in front of a class engaging young minds... I guarantee you are one of the best professors. Don't forget we need to plan our little vaca to Cali-for-ni-a!

Evans Family said...

You are always so busy! Hope you don't overload yourself this year. Love you tons, Mom

Juline said...

woohoo! go kamri! you freakin' rock girl!